Methanol, also known as methyl alcohol, wood alcohol, wood naphtha or wood spirits, has the chemical formula CH3OH (often abbreviated MeOH). The simplest alcohol, it is a light, volatile, colourless, flammable liquid with a distinctive odour similar to ethanol (drinking alcohol) but is highly toxic, especially if ingested.
• Antibacterial agent, disinfectant, adhesives, renovation & new building activities, automobile production, coatings, panel board and wood & furniture industries
• Textiles, emulsion paints, solvents & coatings, durable output, automobile production and plastic packaging
• Dehydration and de-icing to prevent hydrate formation.
• Clear plastic sheets, thickeners, propellant & aerosols and chemical intermediates (olefins)
• Gasoline additives, fuel cell, bunker, cookstove and boilers
Paraxylene is an aromatic hydrocarbon with the chemical formula C8H10. A colourless flammable liquid, it has a characteristically sweet odour. Paraxylene is mainly used as feedstock for the manufacture of purified terephthalic acid (PTA), the principal raw material for polyester.
• Polyester fibres for textile applications (apparel and home furnishings)
• Solid state resins for the production of beverage bottles
Benzene is a colourless liquid with a sweet odour. It evaporates into the air very quickly and dissolves slightly in water. Benzene is highly flammable and is formed from both natural processes and human activities.
• Mainly for the production of Polystyrene that serves in packaging application, insulation material in construction industry and thermoplastic engineering resins
• Serves as paint thinner and high-octane additive for aviation fuel
• Coatings, electronics laminates, adhesives and composite materials for aerospace and automotive industry
• Engineering resins within automotive industry to replace metal parts
• Textile and carpeting applications
• Insulation within construction industry and electrical appliances
• Foams for automotive seating and home furniture and beddings
• Pesticides and dye carrier
• Detergent formulations
Methyl Tertiary Butyl Ether (MTBE)
A colourless liquid with a characteristic mild odour, its principal characteristics are miscibility with gasoline, low blending vapour pressure and distillation properties.
• Gasoline blending for higher RON grade gasoline
• Manufacturing of electronic display (flat screen television, mobile phone screen)
• Synthetic rubber tire manufacturing within automotive industry
• Fragrances and flavour compositions for imitation of lemon, grapefruit, orange, mint for pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, oral & consumer products
• Pharmaceutical applications
• Paint thinner blending
1,3 Butadiene is a colorless, non-corrosive gas that condenses to a liquid at minus 4.5 degrees centigrade and has a mild aromatic odor.
• Synthetic rubber/elastomer (Tyres)
• Engineering Resin (ABS)
• Styrene-butadiene rubber (SBR) for plastic material, carpet and paper coatings
• Nitrile rubber (NR) for hoses, gloves, gaskets and seals.