First production of polyethylene (PE), Polypropylene (PP) and ethylene glycols (EG) at PIC in Pengerang, Johor.
Acquired DVG, the world’s largest independent producer and formulator of silicones, lube oil additives and chemicals.
- Commenced production of citral, citronello, L-methanol and HR-PIB at BPC in Gebeng, Pahang
- Divested 50% equity in PPC to Aramco Overseas Holding Coöperatief U.A., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco)
- Launched state-of-the-art Surfactang Laboratory in Bangi, Selangor
- Sanctioned development and construction of Isononanol project at PIC in Pengerang, Johor.
- Commenced production of ammonia and urea of PC Fertiliser Sabah in Sipitang, Sabah
- Commenced production of 2-EHAcid at BPC In Gebeng, Pahang
- Sanctioned development and construction of HDPE Project at PIC in Pengerang, Johor.
- Incorporated overseas marketing subsidiary in Indonesia - PT PCM Kimia Indonesia.
- Sanctioned development and construction of 2-EH Acid and HR-PIB Projects at BASF PETRONAS Chemicals Sdn Bhd in Gebeng, Pahang.
Acquired 100% equity in PPC and PRPC Elastomers to undertake petrochemical projects as part of the Pengerang Integrated Complex (PIC) in Pengerang, Johor.
- Divested in Phu My Plastics & Chemicals Co Ltd pursuant to decision to discontinue vinyl business.
- Secured license for PETRONAS Chemicals Marketing (Labuan) Ltd as Labuan International Commodity Trading Company.
- Incorporated overseas marketing subsidiaries in Thailand - PCM (Thailand) Company Limited; and PCM (China) Company Limited.
- Acquired additional interest in PETRONAS Chemicals Ethylene and PETRONAS Chemicals Polyethylene from BP.
- Listed on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad.
- Commissioned mega methanol plant in Labuan.
- Acquired additional interest in PETRONAS Chemicals Olefins, PETRONAS Chemicals Glycols and PETRONAS Chemicals Derivatives from Dow Chemicals.
- Expanded production capacities of urea and ammonia in Gurun Complex, Kedah.
- Expanded production capacities of urea and ammonia in Bintulu Complex, Sarawak.
- Commenced production of olefins, glycols and derivatives in Kertih Integrated Petrochemical Complex, Terengganu.
- Commenced production of polyvinyl chloride in Baria-Vung Tau, Vietnam.
- Commenced production of acrylic acid in Gebeng Complex, Pahang.
- Commenced production of benzene, paraxylene, ammonia, vinyl chloride monomer, polyvinyl chloride and acetic acid in Kertih Integrated Petrochemical Complex, Terengganu.
- Commenced production of urea, ammonia and methanol in Gurun Complex, Kedah
- Commenced production of styrene monomer in Pasir Gudang, Johor.
- Commenced production of ethylene and polyethylene in Kertih Integrated Petrochemical Complex (KIPC) in Kertih, Terengganu.
- Commenced production of propylene, petrochemical polypropylene and MTBE at Gebeng Integrated Petrochehmical Complex in Gebeng, Pahang.
- Acquired methanol plant in Labuan
- Commenced production of ammonia and urea in Bintulu, Sarawak.