- Sanctioned the development and construction of a Melamine plant in PETRONAS Chemicals Fertiliser Kedah (PC FK) in Gurun, Kedah
- Incorporated BRB subsidiary in South Korea
- Sanctioned the development and construction of an expansion of the 2EH Acid plant in Gebeng, Pahang through our JV company - BASF PETRONAS Chemicals (BPC)
- Acquired Perstorp, a niche specialty chemicals player for Resins & Coatings, Engineered Fluids, Animal Nutrition, and Advanced Materials; and a leading sustainability-driven global specialty chemicals company
- Commenced production at BRB's new Lube oil Additives and Chemicals (LAC) manufacturing facility at Echt, Netherlands, which will serve as a LAC hub for global market
- Incorporated LG PETRONAS Chemicals Malaysia Sdn Bhd for nitrile butadiene latex plant in Pengerang, Johor.
- Achieved first drop of Bio-Monoethylene Glycols (Bio-MEG) product from pilot plant.
- Commenced production of silicone blended products in Gebeng, Pahang.
- Sanctioned the development and construction of a silicone blending facility in Gebeng, Pahang.
- Sanctioned the expansion of BRB facility in the Netherlands.
- Entered into a joint venture with PT AKR Corporindo Tbk to distribute chemical products across Indonesia.
First production of polyethylene (PE), Polypropylene (PP) and ethylene glycols (EG) at PIC in Pengerang, Johor.
Acquired BRB, the world's leading independent producer and formulator of silicones, lube oil additives and chemicals.
Sanctioned the development and construction of specialty chemicals plant at KIPC in Kertih, Terengganu.
Sanctioned the development and construction of butadiene derivative plant at PIC in Pengerang, Johor.
- Commenced production of citral, citronello, L-methanol and HR-PIB at BPC in Gebeng, Pahang
- Divested 50% equity in PPC to Aramco Overseas Holding Coöperatief U.A., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco)
- Launched state-of-the-art Surfactang Laboratory in Bangi, Selangor
- Sanctioned development and construction of Isononanol project at PIC in Pengerang, Johor.
- Commenced production of ammonia and urea of PC Fertiliser Sabah in Sipitang, Sabah
- Commenced production of 2-EHAcid at BPC In Gebeng, Pahang
- Sanctioned development and construction of HDPE Project at PIC in Pengerang, Johor.
- Incorporated overseas marketing subsidiary in Indonesia - PT PCM Kimia Indonesia.
- Sanctioned development and construction of 2-EH Acid and HR-PIB Projects at BASF PETRONAS Chemicals Sdn Bhd in Gebeng, Pahang.
Acquired 100% equity in PPC and PRPC Elastomers to undertake petrochemical projects as part of the Pengerang Integrated Complex (PIC) in Pengerang, Johor.
- Divested in Phu My Plastics & Chemicals Co Ltd pursuant to decision to discontinue vinyl business.
- Secured license for PETRONAS Chemicals Marketing (Labuan) Ltd as Labuan International Commodity Trading Company.
- Incorporated overseas marketing subsidiaries in Thailand - PCM (Thailand) Company Limited; and PCM (China) Company Limited.
- Acquired additional interest in PETRONAS Chemicals Ethylene and PETRONAS Chemicals Polyethylene from BP.
- Listed on the Main Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad.
- Commissioned mega methanol plant in Labuan.
- Acquired additional interest in PETRONAS Chemicals Olefins, PETRONAS Chemicals Glycols and PETRONAS Chemicals Derivatives from Dow Chemicals.
- Expanded production capacities of urea and ammonia in Gurun Complex, Kedah.
- Expanded production capacities of urea and ammonia in Bintulu Complex, Sarawak.
- Commenced production of olefins, glycols and derivatives in Kertih Integrated Petrochemical Complex, Terengganu.
- Commenced production of polyvinyl chloride in Baria-Vung Tau, Vietnam.
- Commenced production of acrylic acid in Gebeng Complex, Pahang.
- Commenced production of benzene, paraxylene, ammonia, vinyl chloride monomer, polyvinyl chloride and acetic acid in Kertih Integrated Petrochemical Complex, Terengganu.
- Commenced production of urea, ammonia and methanol in Gurun Complex, Kedah
- Commenced production of styrene monomer in Pasir Gudang, Johor.
- Commenced production of ethylene and polyethylene in Kertih Integrated Petrochemical Complex (KIPC) in Kertih, Terengganu.
- Commenced production of propylene, petrochemical polypropylene and MTBE at Gebeng Integrated Petrochemical Complex in Gebeng, Pahang.
- Acquired methanol plant in Labuan
- Commenced production of ammonia and urea in Bintulu, Sarawak.