As part of PETRONAS' integrated business, Downstream plays a strategic role
in enhancing the value of our petroleum resources, transforming it into high-quality, value-added products for the domestic and international market.
We are involved in the full spectrum of downstream activities through our operations in refining, trading and marketing of crude oil and petroleum products, manufacturing and marketing of petrochemical products, gas processing and transportation, regasification, utilities marketing, power generation, as well as the provision of technical and engineering solutions to the whole PETRONAS Group.
With our vision of becoming a 'merit-based high performing business', we are committed to deliver the details that matter to our customers, while ensuring that our operations are managed in a sustainable and safe manner.
Refining & Trading
PETCO Trading Labuan Company Ltd (PTLCL)
- PTLCL is PETRONAS’ global trading arm for crude oil and petroleum products with trading operations in London and Dubai.
PETRONAS Penapisan (Terengganu) Sdn Bhd [PP(T)SB]
- PP(T)SB operates the PETRONAS Kertih Refinery, located in Terengganu
- Its core business is to refine indigenous crude oil into high value petroleum products for domestic and export markets
- The refinery has a capacity of 124,000 barrels of crude oil per day
Malaysian Refining Company Sdn Bhd (MRCSB)
- Located in Melaka, MRCSB's core business is to refine indigenous crude oil into high value petroleum products for domestic and export markets
- The refinery has a capacity of 300,000 barrels of crude oil per day
Retail & Lubricants
PETRONAS Marine brand is an integrated business providing multiple solutions in key bunker hubs across the globe including LNG, Low and High Sulphur fuel oils, marine gas oil and lubricants which are available through its network in South East Asia, Japan, Middle East and South Africa.
PETRONAS Lubricants International Sdn Bhd (PLI)
PLI has over 30 marketing offices in 23 countries, with regional offices located in Kuala Lumpur, Turin, Belo Horizonte, Chicago and Durban. Its product range and the PETRONAS brand reaches over 80 countries in five continents.
PETRONAS Dagangan Berhad (PDB)
PDB is a Bursa Malaysia-listed company with over 1000 retail stations and more than 760 Kedai Mesra convenience stores across Malaysia.
Engen Petroleum Limited
Engen Petroleum has a presence in over 20 countries, with over 1,450 service stations across sub-Saharan Africa and the Indian Ocean islands. Its products are exported to over 30 countries.
PETRONAS Chemicals Group Berhad (PCG) is the leading petrochemicals producer in Malaysia and one of the largest in Southeast Asia.
Backed by more than 25 years of experience in the industry, PCG manufactures, markets and sells a diversified range of petrochemical products that include olefins, polymers, fertilisers, methanol, as well as other basic chemicals and derivative products.