INFORMATION GATHERING AND USAGE FOR STAKEHOLDER RELATIONS PURPOSE
We may collect your personal data which you voluntarily provide to us such as your name, salutation, date of birth, gender, your business contact information such as your designation, organization, address, email address, telephone number, and such other information depending on the nature of business relationship you have with PETRONAS.
We may also collect your personal data from third party sources where your personal data has been made publicly available by yourself or by third parties (e.g. information published on your personal or official website, business card, online publications such as news reporting, corporate profiles, autobiographies, annual reports, social media postings) and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of personal data relating to yourself (e.g. formal and informal engagements such as meetings, conferences, events organised by PETRONAS or third parties), or where otherwise lawfully permitted. From the aforesaid sources, we may derive further information such as your personal and professional profile, interests, preferences, persons related to yourself (e.g. family members, relatives, connected persons), publicly known political affiliations, insights or opinions, etc., all of which will be processed by us strictly for internal use by PETRONAS Group of Companies for the purpose of managing our relationship with you only.
We may use personal data that we obtain for any of the following purposes (including but not limited to):
- Managing relationship and engagements with you as our stakeholder in general, and in particular to store basic stakeholder data, identify, assess and monitor stakeholders’ expectations and the issues that you may raise with us in one centralized stakeholder management system which records and monitors stakeholder and organisation profiles, engagements, issues, grievances and social investment activities
- Assessing our engagements with you in order to improve our interactions
- Personalising relevant communications with you in respect of personal details and contact information which you have provided to us for example sending out festive greetings and event invitation, ensuring appropriate protocol arrangement, distributing PETRONAS collaterals (e.g. annual report), providing business updates (e.g. updates on CSR activities);
- Providing corporate hospitality as part of enhancing stakeholder experience.
- Carrying out surveys, research and feedback to help us better understand your requirements, interests and concerns to help improve our business delivery to you and gauge brand/reputation perception and sentiments
- in other circumstances, such purposes that are necessary or directly related to your relationship with us or where it is permitted under the applicable laws.
Where we collect personal data from you, we will only do so strictly needed for fulfilment of one of the purposes set out above. In the event we do not receive your personal data, this may mean that we are not able to effectively address your requirements, interests and concerns or to carry out any of the abovementioned purposes, if at all.
Processing your personal data and obtaining your consent
Where we rely on your consent for processing your personal data, you may withdraw your consent to this processing at any time, by contacting us by using the contact details below. Please note, however, that withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your previous consent prior to withdrawal.
There may be instances where we process your personal data for our legitimate interests or on the basis of other lawful grounds (i.e., because we have established a relationship with you and need to process your personal data in order to provide you with the information and/or services you have requested), without having obtained your consent – this applies where our processing activities are governed by the applicable laws of certain jurisdictions in which we operate that do not require consent to have been obtained where there are legitimate and/or other lawful grounds to process the relevant personal data.
We do not seek your consent in such cases largely so that we can provide you with services in an efficient way (or where in some cases it might not be possible for us to seek your consent because we must process personal data, for example, for the detection of fraud). Before processing your personal data, we will consider your rights and freedoms and will only commence such processing where we do not think your rights will be infringed.
The collection of your personal data by us may be mandatory or voluntary in nature depending on the purposes for which your personal data is collected. Where it is mandatory for you to provide us with your personal data, and you fail or choose not to provide us with such data, or do not consent to the above or this Privacy Statement, we will not be able to provide our products and/or services or otherwise deal with you and/or to assess and process your application (if any).
CONTACT DETAILS FOR STAKEHOLDER RELATIONS PURPOSE
Any questions and requests regarding this Privacy Statement or your personal data should be addressed to:
Head, Stakeholder Strategy & Performance,
Public and Corporate Relations Advisory,
Group Strategic Communications
0Return to PETRONAS Privacy Statement